Today’s Thought: Be honest in what you SAY and DO.
I am in the fourth month of my honesty quest and I can truthfully say it has been a game changer for me. My life is so much happier and calmer than before. I feel more confident and less anxious – I had had no idea that being conscious about my level of honesty would make such a difference.
So what made the change in myself work? How did I maintain my commitment to my promise?
- I visualised the person I wanted to be and defined how that person would behave.
- I made daily commitments to the words and actions that kind of person would show to the world.
- I paid close attention to my feelings and actions, so I could track where I made mistakes or where I prevented mistakes with my level of honesty. I noted what my motivations were and whether they were useful to my cause or contrary.
- If I made mistakes, I addressed them quickly so I could stay on track.
- I told the people I found it most difficult to be honest with that I was trying to be more honest and I would not be participating in unkind talk or behaviour.
- I used this blog to keep myself on track – it has been my visible conscience.
I know I am still on my journey and I am not the finished article (will I ever be? Is anyone?) but I wanted to take the time to acknowledge how far I have come and the difference it has made. I wanted to let everyone know that such a simple change has made such a monumental difference.
Honesty is the key to happiness for me – is it the key for you?